Wednesday, July 26, 2017

I love when fate makes an appearance

Fate has struck again! (and in a weird way, but one that started my day in such a way that I know today is gonna be a good day).

Grabbing a Diet Coke from the bookstore before work is a common occurrence for me (not everyday common, but common) but today something uncommon happened. I happened to find a 'Jackson' #ShareACoke and obviously had to grab it. Back up a hot second - I originally grabbed 'Angela' and 'Jackson' slid down behind it..couldn't miss the opportunity to have 'Jackson' Diet Coke! So, I put 'Angela' back (sorry girl) and grabbed 'Jackson'. 
I definitely was not prepared for what was about to happen.
When I grabbed the 'Jackson' Diet Coke, a 'Joe' slid into it's place. I was taken aback for a hot second and a wave of mixed emotions hit me - happy, sad, tears, smiles, etc. The reason this is significant is that Joe Jackson was the name of my dad's dad. I never had the opportunity to meet Grandpa Joe (he passed away before I was born) but will randomly think about him and what he was like. There are still things I would like to know about him - his personality, things he enjoyed, his childhood, etc.

I'm a big believer in things happening for a reason and this small, may seem insignificant to others, event made my day and makes me feel like Grandpa Joe was stopping by to say 'Hi'. I will probably never know why it happened but I'm very glad it did. 

 
A Young Grandpa Joe from the 1940s. He served the US during WWII.

Happy Wednesday, 
<3 Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment